From Our Front Office
Address Changes - Address changes cannot be made without proof of residence. One of the following documents is required to change your address. Please do not ask us to change your bus without first providing one of these documents if you have moved.
- Electric bill, water bill, cable bill or land line telephone bill
- Signed lease agreement
- Statement from landlord on their letterhead verifying occupancy
- Homestead exemption card
If you are building a house – mortgage acceptance letter including: name, loan number, property address and a letter from the builder with an expected completion date. The completion date and the date the child will start attending school must be within a sensible time period.
If you are buying a house – settlement statement or mortgage acceptance letter including: name, loan number, property address and closing date.
We do not accept: sales contracts, commitment letters, or truth in lending statements.
If you are living with relatives or friends – a letter from them listing your name and the names of your children, stating that you are residing at their address and a copy of one of the documents listed above to verify their address.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT driver’s license, or cell phone bills, bank statements, checkbooks, child support checks, pay stubs or mortgage coupon/payment books as proof of residence.
Student Withdrawals - Pelican Elementary would like a 48 hour (2 day) notice for withdrawing students out of county. The notice is preferred in writing or in person at the school office so that identification may be verified and a withdrawal form may be signed. This notice provides the teachers and office staff time to process the withdrawal and obtain the proper paperwork for you to present to your next school. Your cooperation in this matter is very much appreciated. Thank you.
Afternoon Dismissal - Academics continue at Pelican until afternoon dismissal and therefore we must request that you do not arrive early to pick up your child unless it is an emergency. Picking students up early is disruptive to the class and the teacher. We would also appreciate you completing your cell phone calls prior to entering the office. Once you have completed your call, we would be happy to assist you in any way we can.
Visitors/Volunteers - All visitors and volunteers MUST sign in and sign out at the main office each time they come to Pelican. All volunteers MUST have an updated volunteer application on file along with a copy of their driver’s license.
Clinic - Our clinic will no longer provide a clean change of clothes for soiled clothing. Please be sure your student has a clean change of clothes in his/her bookbag.
Request a Parent Pickup Car Tag
If you are planning to pick up your student/s from the school at dismissal you will need a Parent Pickup Car Tag. To request one for the new school year please send an email with your student/s full name and grade level. Only people listed on the students' emergency contact form will be permitted to pick them up.
Car tags for parent pick-up and walker/biker students will hang on the rearview mirror of the car. Due to the cost of these tags, the first tag for the student's primary address will be at no cost. Any additional car tags will be $3 each. We encourage parents to continue to use this site to request a car tag, however, if the tag is a duplicate the parent will be contacted to come to the office with payment in order to receive the new/additional car tag.
EMAIL with: Parent Pickup Car Tag Request in the subject line to [email protected]
Pelican's Dress Code - Students at Pelican Elementary should abide by the District's policy and Code of Conduct, in addition to a more specific dress code designed especially for our school.
The responsibility for the personal appearance of the student rests with the parent/guardian and the student. Personal appearance shall not detract from the educational process.
The following establishes the acceptable, specific standards for student dress:
- Closed toe shoes shall be worn at all times. Any shoe worn must be securely attached to the foot so that it cannot fall off. High heels, clogs, and flip-flops, etc. are not allowed. We suggest sneakers be worn every day for safety.
- Apparel shall be adequate in both length and coverage to be considered appropriate for school. The appropriate length for shorts and skirts is mid-thigh.
- Pants shall be worn fastened and at the waist. Clothes must be of appropriate size to fit the child.
- Shirts and blouses shall be of appropriate length. The length must extend beyond the waist level. Over-sized shirts, pants and/or jackets are not allowed. Clothes must be of appropriate size to fit the child. Shirts not allowed at Pelican would include those outlined in the District's Policy in article B (e, g, h, and k).
- Dresses should be worn at an appropriate length. Backless dresses are not allowed.
- Articles of clothing or jewelry that could cause injury are prohibited.
- Spandex clothing worn alone is not allowed. Spandex may be worn in a "layered" look, under shorts, skirts and/or dresses.
- Colored hair gel, hairspray, hair glitter or glitter body gel is not permitted.
- Bandanas are not permitted.
- Any clothing, style or accessory of personal appearance shall not detract from the educational process.
- Tennis shoes and socks are required for physical education classes.
- Caps, hats and/or sunglasses are suggested for P.E. classes. Shatterproof plastic U.V. protective sunglasses are recommended for all outside activities. Polycarbonate lenses provide the utmost impact resistance. U.V. coating for all prescription lenses is appropriate.
- Sunscreen is also a beneficial protection against sun exposure. If parents wish to have their student use sunscreen it should be applied at home. This will provide protection to the student during the time going to school, as well as during the rest of the day. Sunscreen should not be brought to school.
Any student not conforming to the District's policy and/or the Pelican Elementary Dress Code will be required to call home for an appropriate change.